Using a dog harness instead of a dog collar makes it easier to control and manage any dog, even those with leash manners that aren’t quite perfected. Harnesses have other advantages, too:
- They’re a good training tool for puppies that haven’t yet learned to walk on a lead. A harness will prevent him from getting tangled up in the leash and possibly hurt in the process.
- Harnesses offer better control, which is especially important on busy streets or in crowds.
- If you have a strong or very large dog, a harness gives you much better control and is also easier on your arms and back.
- Very small dogs can be prone to injury from pulling or tugging on the leash. A harness disperses pressure over a larger area of his body, reducing strain on his neck and back.
- Harnesses discourage pulling. When your dog is wearing a collar and pulls on the leash, he’s still moving forward, which makes him think the pulling is successful. A harness, whether attached on his chest or between his shoulder blades, redirects him; there’s no reward because pulling doesn’t get him anywhere.
- If your dog needs a little assistance standing after lying down or sitting, a harness pulls him up gently without causing him any pain or discomfort.
- Finally, harnesses are a great solution for those little escape artists that are on the lead one moment, then you blink, and they’ve wriggled out of their collar.
Hooper Ruff have partnered with our trusted dog loving supplier Tuff Hound. This item will arrive separately from Hooper Ruff wash products. Living in the new world of Covid:19, this item may be slightly delayed as there are more steps with importing goods into the country. We will keep you updated on the arrival of your items and you can contact us anytime at email@example.com.
When you buy this item it allows the Hooper Ruff team to develop more eco friendly natural dog products.
Leash Length: 150cm
Leash Width: 2cm